Co-working spaces are a new way of working, offering inspiring places for entrepreneurs, freelancers, self-employed professionals and small businesses. Places where, as well as developing and driving their exciting projects, they have the opportunity to network and collaborate with other professionals and startups, creating a community where innovation and new ideas are born almost every day.
According to a recent study by Emergent Research, by 2020 there will be more than 26,000 Co-working spaces all over the world. On top of that, the study confirms that in some of the main cities, like New York and Berlin, the number of professionals working in this kind of space will exceed the current figure of 976,000 to reach 3.8 million. These spaces are becoming more numerous and more in demand, and not only in the main cities; a global trend is on the rise, and there’s still more to explore.
11 of the most original Co-working spaces in the world
Since these spaces are so unusual and have so much character, we’ve compiled a photo gallery with the more original and innovative Co-working spaces in the world. Which is your favourite? I’ve picked mine!
- Rainmaking Loft, London (UK): There’s no doubt that London is the cosmopolitan, multicultural city par excellence. And it’s Co-working spaces are the same, like the one offered by Rainmaking Loft: an ideal space for entrepreneurs, who have at their disposal the best tools and resources to propel their projects. Even better, they have comfortable sofas to lie and relax on during breaks between coming up with new ideas. They also offer TVs and table football for breaks, and only admit people who are really committed and want to give everything to driving forward their business.
Source: Rainmaking Loft Londres
- Utopic_US, Madrid (Spain): Much more than just renting a work spot or an office, it’s a space where entrepreneurs give shape to their projects surrounded by a community of creative, transformative minds. They also offer other spaces for meetings, training and events, a gastrobar, and advice for startups. The design is really unusual, creating an atmosphere where ideas form independently, don’t you think?
Source: Utopic_US Madrid
- KoHub, Koh Lanta (Thailand): An idyllic place to work. Unlike other Co-working spaces, here you can work surrounded by paradise beaches and a setting that inspires calm and tranquility. What’s more, they offer the chance to find accommodation at a reasonable price. The ideal place for digital nomads, who travel the world with their laptops – now called traviajar (‘trawork’) in Spanish. Are you in?
Source: KoHub Co-working Tailandia
- The Factory, Berlin (Germany): This Co-working studio, situated at the original location of the Berlin wall, was inaugurated by the president of Google, Eric Schmidt. As well as offering Co-working space it’s also a business accelerator, and operates the first and largest startup campus in Germany. Factory attracts the most innovative entrepreneurs from all sectors, providing a completely innovative work environment, where fast-growing projects are being developed which will doubtless be great successes in the near future.
Source: The Factory Berlin
- Hubud, Ubud (Indonesia): Designed for creatives and entrepreneurs, this collective working space is located in the beautiful city of Ubud in Indonesia. The scenery is beautiful in itself, but imagine working there and then enjoying all the activities and events on offer. The ideal place for digital nomads who are looking for spaces in different global cities where they can share, innovate and discover new cultures.
Source: Hubud Coworking Indonesia
- Explore Coco, Minneapolis (USA): Explore Coco has different Co-working studios around the US, but one of the most attractive – and incredible – is in Minneapolis, in an iconic building: the trading floor of the Minneapolis Grain Exchange. It also offers unique meeting venues, like a Japonese Zen garden and various areas that recreate bygone eras. I have to confess, this one is my favourite.
Source: Explore Coco Minneapolis
- Gravity Coworking, Sydney (Australia): This community is made up of a network of business leaders, industry experts and business people dedicating to improving productivity and success for small businesses. It considers itself a startup for startups. Its design recreates a modern, creative environment to inspire your ideas and projects.
Source: Gravity Coworking Sidney
- Betahaus, Barcelona (Spain): An industrial space of more than 2000m2 where 150 coworkers of different nationalities come together every day. As well as its coworking community it offers large venues to host all types of events and conferences.
Source: Betahaus Barcelona
- Mewe360, London (UK): A design space to inspire all the creative entrepreneurs and turn their businesses into lucrative and sustainable projects. In addition to its Co-working spaces, it offers support and investment to launch projects. Located right in the centre of London.
Source: Mewe360 Londres
- The Hive, Hong Kong (China): With two city centre locations in Wan Chai and Central, The Hive is one of the most elegant Co-working studios in Hong Kong. They have private offices, group offices and coworking spaces, some of which are on a terrace level in the heart of Hong Kong. They also have venues for events, conferences and meetings.
Source: The Hive Hong Kong
- NowhereStudios, Brooklyn, New York (USA): This Co-working studio, located in the notorious borough of Brooklyn, is open 24 hours a day all week long. It has a really original design, with brick walls and a wood kitchen. Without a doubt an inspiring place for creatives and entrepreneurs.
Source: NowHereStudios Brooklyn
These are some of the most original and incredible Co-working spaces scattered around the globe. Each one offers different programmes and activities, but what they all have in common is a strong wifi signal, space to work and, most important, the chance to connect with other workers and different areas of business.
What’s more, soon you’ll be able to book some of these spaces by the hour through Worktel. Visit our site and find out if you have something close to home or where you travel for work.
WORKTEL is the first platform allowing professionals to book workspaces and meeting rooms in hundred of hotels, business centers and Co-working spaces all over the world.